Hon'ble Mr. Justice G.S. Singhvi was born at Jodhpur on 12.12.1948 as son of Mr. M.M. Singhvi Graduated in the year 1968 from Jodhpur University passed LL.B. Examination in the year 1971 with Gold Medal from Rajasthan University.
- Joined the legal profession on 28.07.1971 under Shri MarudharMridul. Practiced in Rajasthan High Court at Jedhpur till June, 1977 and shifted to Jaipur on creation of High Court Bench at Jaipur. Mainly practiced in Constitutional Law but conducted criminal cases as amicus curiae. He represented the State Government in special cases and almost all the Universities of Rajasthan, various Public Corporations, Educational Institutions and Local Authorities before the High Court. He was elevated to the Bench of Rajasthan High Court on 20.07.1990. He was transferred to Punjab and Haryana High Court on 28.04.1994, and thereafter as Judge of the Gujarat High Court on 28.02.2005.
- He was sworn in as the Chief Justice of the High Court of Andhra Pradesh on 27.11.2005.
- Elevated to the Supreme Court and assumed Office on 12.11.2007.
- Retiredfrom the Supreme Court on 12th December, 2013 (F.N.).
- Assumed Office of the Chairman, Competition Appellate Tribunal on 25th September, 2014 (F.N.).